We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join a well known Consultancy with projects across the North East with Major Commercial Projects taking place in Newcastle City Centre with values of over £170 Million.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE-
To Assist in the Project Management, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Assistant Project management, to include:
* Advising at a strategic level at the project inception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client's overall objectives
* Assisting in Preparing and maintaining definitions of project requirements
* Assisting in Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
* Assisting in Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
* Assisting in Preparing and maintaining schedules of activity, including producing the master project plan
* Assisting with Managing the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets
* Developing and implementing resource plans and procurement of resources
* Assisting in Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
* Assisting in Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI's to improve project performance
* Assisting in Developing and agreeing budgets and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
* Assisting in Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigations
* Assisting in Preparing formal project progress and other reports
* Advising the client regarding Health & Safety and Environmental issues and risks
* Assisting in Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
Relative Commercial Project Management
Candidates will ideally be Degree Qualified in a relative Construction related subject
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business