***Care Support Worker Information Event on Friday 16th September 2022 at the Harrogate Pavilions 9-5pm***
Our Care Support Worker information event will provide you with answers to all your questions, whether you are new to a healthcare or an experienced care support worker.
• hear more about the role of a Care Support Worker and what entails in their day to day life;
• find out about the range of roles on offer at Harrogate District Hospital;
• learn about our fantastic new Care Support Worker training package and development programmes;
• get interview advice
• ask us any questions you may have.
How to book
You don't need to book, just turn up on the day!
To book an interview, please complete the application form. Your interview time and date will be confirmed by email.
We are looking for individuals who are capable of providing compassionate care to patients in a busy, challenging and rewarding environment.No experience necessary, we will teach you everything you need to know.
We are recruiting to Care Support Worker roles both in the hospital and in the Community (care provided in the home.)
Our Care Support Workers carry out assigned tasks involving direct patient care in support of and supervised by a Registered Nurse. You will work as an integrated member of the ward team, assisting with nursing procedures according to agreed policies.
You will maintain the patient's dignity and self-respect at all times and achieving a high standard of care.
Our Care Support Workers have an allocated base-ward but they are expected to work in different areas within the hospital as required
You will be accountable for ensuring the highest standard of care is delivered and will constantly promote: patient safety, effective care and a positive patient experience at each stage of the patient’s journey.
Our Care Support Workers are expected to work a combination of days, nights and weekends including Bank Holidays and Christmas Day.
• Early – 07:15 to 15:15
• Late – 12:15 to 20:15hrs
• Night – 19:45hrs to 07:45hrs
• Long Day – 07:15hrs to 20:15h
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide ‘outstanding’ care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
• An inclusive and supportive culture – our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
• Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference and Team of the Month Awards plus the Christmas Oscars.
• Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
• Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
We provide you will all the training you need to provide outstanding care to patients.
• Bathing of patients in bed and in the bathroom including the knowledge of the correct use of bath aids.
• Following instructions, assisting with moving, turning and positioning the dependent patient, having knowledge of the correct use of moving and handling equipment.
• Assisting with care given to pressure areas of patients and the appropriate use of pressure relieving devices.
• Assisting the patient with their personal hygiene needs, ensuring privacy and dignity is maintained and promoting independence.
• Assistance with feeding patients and preparing patients prior to meals, including assisting patients to order their meals from the menus. Assisting the patients to maintain adequate oral fluid intake and accurate record keeping.
• Assisting patients to dress and undress.
• Assisting with toileting and escorting patients to and from the toilet
• Making beds, including stripping of bed linen
• Assisting in the care of terminally ill patient and with the performance of the Last Offices
• Assist with maintaining cleanliness of patients' furniture
• Delivery requests between departments, answering the telephone and taking messages when required
• Assisting with the reception and care of patients and relatives and all visitors to the wards
• Assist with filing, completing records and paperwork.
• Reporting conditions of patients to nursing staff in charge of the ward.
• Reporting mishap or accident to nursing staff in charge of the ward using risk incident reporting as appropriate.
• Dealing with patients with sensory impairment in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times - on and off duty
• Be aware of the safety regulations regarding fire precautions
• Be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Environmental Health Regulations and COSHH.
• Attend mandatory training
• Attend Orientation and in-service training programmes as requested
• Maintain awareness of ward policies and procedures.
• Assisting the Registered Nurse in undertaking surveys or audit as necessary.
• Attend all training sessions, complete work based activities and keep up to date all documentation to meet Care Certificate requirements
MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
• Observe a personal duty of care when handling patient’s personal possessions. And the procedure for safekeeping.
• Assist in monitoring and managing stock control/stock levels
• Awareness of the effective use of resources.