Judicium Education is a school services company supporting hundreds of schools in England and Wales with professional support services.
We offer in-depth advice to school leaders and governing bodies on the issues that arise in running an effective school including a clerking service that includes attendance (virtual or physical) at governors’ meetings. Due to continued expansion, we are looking for the right people to join our team across OXFORDSHIRE.
We would like to hear from BOTH experienced governance professionals and school clerks AND other professionals with transferable skills who can provide the full range of professional clerking and governance services including:
* providing legislative updates that prompt the governing body to take appropriate action where required
* collating and distributing agendas and associated documents for governor meetings
* ensuring that the governing body is properly constituted
* attending governors’ meetings – usually in the evening – and creating accurate and relevant minutes
* providing effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees
* providing procedural, regulatory, and governance advice to governing bodies as and when appropriate
Remuneration will be on a fixed-fee per meeting basis with a monthly retainer.
Our services are truly national and we are currently keen to hear from individuals that can cover many areas across OXFORDSHIRE both virtually and in person.
Successful applicants will:
* be experienced in school governance OR with transferable skills
* have an understanding of the legal/regulatory requirements on governing bodies as per the clerking competency framework, governance handbook & academies financial handbook
* have the ability and clarity of thought required to advise a governing body and senior leadership team on governance
FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROGRESSION IN OUR INDUSTRY-EXCLUSIVE CAREER PATHWAY.
Please address your application to Jeremy Kaye by email via the button below including your up-to-date CV AND a short note as to your experience, transferable skills, and suitability.
Permanent, Part-time (with the flexibility to grow)
Part time is a type of job that is done for less than the normal amount of hours invested, or for less than the full duration that it is normally done. An example of a part-time job is a job where you work less than the customary 40 hours per week.