The position is well suited to an Economics Graduate with 12 months commercial research experience in the form of a research or economics analyst function. It is a fantastic opportunity to work for a high profile organisation similar to a “Think Tank” providing economic research associated to world defence markets.
Must be a UK national to meet requirements for UK SC security clearance (no dual nationals)
Ability to work predominantly in Farnborough (3 days office 2 days from home).
Working in a team that is responsible for the analysis, collation and curation of market intelligence information in the context of one of six geographical regions, and with particular emphasis on priority markets in that region. The specific roles are unique as each region has different needs and drivers.
Benefits and Package:
* Monday to Friday (08:30 – 17:00)
* Hybrid Working (3 Days in Office & 2 Days from Home)
* 28 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Free On-site Parking
* Company Pension
* Life Assurance
* Private Healthcare
Economics Analyst Main Responsibilities:
* Support the management of the development of the economic data hub for global markets working collaboratively in a team and reporting to two Directors.
* Produce and develop the Annual Economic Report
* Management of analysis projects supporting the Customer Work Plan (CWP)
* Utilising and exploiting a range of toolsets for gathering intelligence. Proven ability to evaluate the quality and validity of open source data.
* Control of the market intelligence information related to the region. This includes; curation, currency and consistency of all market intelligence information from a wide variety of sources.
* Report writing on regional, country specific and emerging capability themes that are of specific interest in the global marketplace, including threat and competitor analysis. Providing stakeholders with informed and insightful briefing material.
* Engaging subject matter experts to understand market forces and market entry strategies.
* Analysis of drivers in defence-related academic research, and investment in Science and Technology.
* Support the development and implementation of a new data gathering and exploitation facility.
* Manage and support the rollout of new visualisation methods and technologies to support development.
The successful Economics Analyst will:
* Demonstrable experience of working cross department/project teams collaboratively
* Economic Degree of with a high degree of economic/global market focus.
* Strong desire to experience and understand the interaction of Market Analysis, Business Development and Strategy development
* Strong desire to explore different forms of communication and different techniques for projecting messages.
* Strong desire to undertake research, data collection, and creative reporting of information.
* Well organised, self-starter with strong attention to detail.
* Comfortable with working and dealing with uncertainty
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion