Red Rock is currently working with an electrical company who due to growth are looking to recruit for an electrical site supervisor to run a massive project within the Wolverhampton area. The right candidate must hold a DBS check. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the safe, on time delivery of their projects, and communicate to PM and customers the deliverables, dependencies, and risks as each project progresses
Awareness of contractual terms with the ability to plan and organise labour and equipment
Strong influencing and negotiation skills
Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget with the ability to understand financial metrics
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Fully competent with Project Management methodology
Competent in construction Health and Safety law and legislation
Understanding of the difference between mark up and margin
Technical knowledge of electrical installation and or lighting schemes (desirable)
Knowledge of EPC contracts (desirable)
Knowledge of working within healthcare environments (desirable).
Minimum of 5 years proven Supervisory experience in an M&E, FM or construction environment.
* Understand the full scope of the project works to be delivered. This is to include budget requirements and required profit margins.
* Work within the current CDM process. In the main undertake the role of contractor but also understand the role of principle contractor for when a project requires it.
* Identify, reduce, and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project.
* Assist the project manager in ensuring detailed look ahead surveys are carried out in preparation for mobilisation.
* Supervise the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) “end to end”. Activities to include but not be limited to sub-contractor management and site supervisory duties.
* Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
* Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
* Builds knowledge base of each client’s business, organisation, and objectives, and develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
* Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
* Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
* Track and report hours and expenses on each project.
* Attend Project reviews to analyse project profitability, revenue, margin etc.
* Ensure that each project runs in conjunction with the QHSE processes including the Construction Phase Plan. That each person involved in the project is proven to have the required skills.
* Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on each project. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
* Ensure the supply partners on site are aware of all items required for the project files, H&S, toolbox talks, RAMS, site audits, commissioning, O&M’s, permits to work etc
* Be in attendance on site for the works inclusive of any out of hour’s requirements.
* Ensure all variations to the works are captured and reported to the Major Projects Manager/PM.
* Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
Recognised technical qualification in construction, Electrically Bias
Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy IOSH (Desirable)
Interpersonal and communication skills
Strong influencing skills
Ability to inspire confidence
Can manage a high degree of variability
Highly motivated and self-aware
Highly organised with attention to detail
Results focused Circumstances
Competence to deliver
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Emma Turner at Red Rock Consultants.
We endeavour to feedback to all successful and unsuccessful applicants within 5 days, if you have not heard from us after this time then you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role. We do however update our database with suitable candidate information following each application, this allows us to contact you for new suitable opportunities