The context is the Council's Financial Management Partnership which enables a financially sustainable County Council that has a strong culture of financial management, accountability and evidence-based decision-making across the organisation. Working together , Finance and the wider organisation will achieve:* The best use of financial resources in meeting organisational objectives* A culture of accountability where managers and members take money really seriously, and balance this against their other responsibilities and objectives* A grip on the county council's finances, drawing on high quality financial information, aligned with activity and performance information* Great strategic and operational decision-making, based on sound and credible financial analysis and insight* Self-reliance among budget managers making use of effective tools, guidance and systems* Strong relationships underpinned by mutually understood roles, constructive challenge and collaborative problem-solving
* Educated to 'A' level standard, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers, adapting styles to different situations.
* High level administrative/organisational and analytic skills.
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation
* Prepare and analyse management information, including financial reports / project plans, recommending actions as appropriate.
* Maintain, develop and review business support systems, processes and procedures to secure a quality, cost effective service and continuous improvement.
* Deliver a range of specialist services advising and assisting customers in area of expertise, to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
* Maintains knowledge of the organisation's current systems, policies and procedures.
* Resolve issues/queries independently, recommend alternative solutions if unable to assist, and ensure efficient, day-to-day customer service is delivered.
Planning & Organising
* Monitor service objectives and standards within own area of work to ensure effective service delivery.
* Plan and prioritise own work activities for the months ahead, to ensure operational efficiency. Respond effectively to changing demands, adjusting priorities as needed.
* Assist budget/resource management in accordance with the organisation's policies and procedures.
* Maintains, develops and reviews financial support systems, processes and procedures.
* Ability to manage a range of projects through to completion.
* Effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
* Practical experience and understanding of business supporting service teams and/or providing support to the public (where appropriate).
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates