Stratton Recruitment are overjoyed to be working with an exciting, leading company involved in the design, development and manufacture of innovative capacitive touch applications! Based in Cambridge, North of the City Centre, this is a great opportunity for an experienced Firmware/Embedded Engineer to really flex their creative side!
Purpose of the role
We’re looking for someone with a natural curiosity, passionate about their work, with good attention to detail and eager to learn. The nature of our technology requires combining different disciplines, processes, and outlooks.
The role will involve setting up and maintaining best practices to create and support the electronics and firmware which drive our printed sensors, connect to remote services, meeting customer and manufacturing requirements.
* Working with the CTO, engineering subcontractors & design team to drive long-term development strategy, including tools, code style, best practices and future research.
* Broad, practical engineering skills and an analytical, methodical approach to problem-solving
* PCB layout & PCBA build
* Firmware and software development including design, implementation, test, debugging and maintenance.
* Practical use of test equipment – oscilloscopes, logic analysers and multi-meters
* Embedded skills (Embedded C, C/C++, Python)
* Understanding of capacitive touch operation & analog electronics
* Knowledge of data communication protocols – including USB & Bluetooth Low Energy
* Creating configuration tools for PC and MAC
* A willingness to learn & articulate verbal communication are essential
* Comfortable working with creative teams and not afraid to try things
Knowledge of creating tools for PC and MAC and development of iPhone/Android applications would be beneficial, but not necessary.