Head of Design and Project Engineering (Capital Equipment)
Manchester (with regular visits to Oxfordshire)
£Neg plus benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager to join a specialist consultancy as Group Head of Engineering and Project Delivery building and testing scale models to explore developments in coastal and marine environments using facilities that are some of the largest in the world, developing specialist equipment, software and instrumentation for supply to their own and other facilities around the globe.
The product portfolio includes electromechanical capital equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems used by universities and research facilities worldwide with innovation and customer focus as key to company success.
* The Design teams based in Manchester and Oxford
* The design and development of mechanical, electrical and control elements of systems
* Product engineering, product design and optimisation of mechanical, electrical and control elements
* Lead on developing new technology
* Delivery of all aspects of projects to time, budget and contractual obligations
* Delivery of inhouse research projects to meet development objectives and resource allocation
* Staff management including recruiting and fostering staff development
* Degree in mechanical engineering or relevant engineering / science discipline.
* Significant engineering experience as a mechanical engineer leading a design team for product designs in extreme environments / conditions, e.g., maritime, space or similar industries.
* Significant project management experience delivering projects > £1,000,000 to schedule, cost and quality.
* Proficient using 3D CAD and FEA software packages such as SolidWorks, CATIA, NX, CREO, etc.
* Ability to interpret and analysis data.
* Strong organisational skills in planning in the short and long term
* Managing changing priorities showing an ability to make well informed decisions under pressure
* Leadership, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
* Excellent communication skills, confident and articulate, able to persuade, influence and be diplomatic.
* Work independently, take the initiative, find solutions and proactively drive progress