Head of Manufacturing and Production Engineering (Capital Equipment)
Manchester (with regular visits to Oxfordshire)
£Neg plus benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager to join a specialist consultancy as Group Head of Manufacturing Production building and testing scale models to explore developments in coastal and marine environments using facilities that are some of the largest in the world, developing specialist equipment, software and instrumentation for supply to their own and other facilities around the globe.
The product portfolio includes electromechanical capital equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems used by universities and research facilities worldwide with innovation and customer focus as key to company success.
* Managing the production of all equipment in the portfolio
* The manufacturing teams based in Manchester and Oxford,
* The operational area of the business, manufacturing, planning and maintenance and close involvement with QHSE.
* Planning, organising and effectively utilising company resources to manufacture various mechanical, electrical and control elements of systems
* The product portfolio from both Manchester and Oxfordshire based teams.
* Product manufacture including scheduling of production, ensuring it is carried out in accordance with drawings and specifications and it is completed on schedule.
* Procurement, taking a lead in material management management of pre-production activity, goods received and stores, ensuring sufficient material and/or components to deliver the manufacturing plan.
* Developing supplier relationships.
* Staff management including recruiting and fostering staff development
* Able to demonstrate a significant depth and breadth of production management evidenced by engineering qualifications and 5 -10 years of manufacturing leadership and management experience.
* Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and planning, including a sound understand of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles and continuous improvement in manufacturing.
* Track record as a hands-on manager, focusing on people, equipment and facilities.
* MRP systems and IT literate
* Strong organisational skills in planning in the short and long term, and managing changing priorities
* Ability to make well informed decisions under pressure.
* Leadership, critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
* Excellent communication skills, confident and articulate, able to persuade, influence and be diplomatic