Our client is a multi-faceted, ISO certified construction company that has built an unassailable reputation of undertaking bespoke building projects at all stages. From conception, feasibility and planning through to construction and handover. They work on Super Prime Residential New build properties across the south of England
Based in London our client has built up a reputation for producing work to the highest standard across the South of England. Established in the early 2000’s our client has been a leading light within the industry and has achieved many industry accolades along the way. Sustained organic growth has led the company to its current position of over 60 members of staff and an annual turnover of £60 million. Typical projects our client works on are valued between £5 million and £120 million.
The success of the business has been founded on the principle of employing the very best people in the industry. All of whom have been responsible for the successful delivery of many of their high profile projects in recent years. Because of the exceptional people they employ the company has enjoyed a vast amount of success in recent years and are in a very healthy position moving forward meaning that they have been able to secure larger projects moving through the year.
About the role:
They currently need a Health and Safety Manager to work on their biggest project to date based in west Oxfordshire. The project is a £120 million new build super prime residential project including a large double basement.
* Liaise with Project Managers and Site Managers regarding the continued development of the Construction Phase Safety Plan as the specific project progresses.
* Advise on-site fire plans with Project Managers and ensure that all emergency and evacuation procedures are continually deployed.
* Liaise with Project Managers regarding any specific risks on site.
* Ensure that each project is undertaking inductions and “tool-box talks” to all levels of site personnel, making sure all are aware of their responsibilities and safe working practices.
* Advise on assessment and confirmation of Health and Safety competence of trade contactors at sites.
* Take an active role in the company’s subcontractor approval process and in the review of potential new contractors.
* Assist the site management team in problem-solving potential high-risk safety issues pre-start or during projects.
* Ensure health and safety statutory compliance is being met and maintained across all sites.
* Carry out accident or incident investigations.
* Liaise with the relevant authorities e.g. HSE, local authority inspectors etc as the need arises.
* Carry out pre-start H&S meetings for all projects
* Carry out site inspections/audits of all projects
* Assist with the preparation of tender documentation as and when required by the estimating department.
General Company Duties:
* Liaise with the Senior Health & Safety Manager in supporting the development and monitoring of the health and safety approach and policy of the company.
* Provide information to all staff regarding health and safety legislation or company changes.
* Ensure knowledge is up to date regarding legislative requirements, recommended codes of practice, new safety literature and advise Senior Health and Safety Manager.
* Monitor the effective reporting of all accidents, incidents and near, misses in accordance with the policy procedures.
* Liaise with governing bodies e.g. HSE and local authority on health and safety as required.
* Attend workshops, health and safety updates and safety forums to assist in the continuous improvement and developments to company procedures and performance.
* Identify new tools or software that can aid the development of the company’s health and safety, quality, and environmental practices.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* The successful candidate will be required to have a NEBOSH in construction, NCRQ, or similar qualification. Ideally have or working towards CMIOSH or equivalent.
* They will also need to be SMSTS and First Aid trained.
* Experience of working as an H&S manager within the construction or fit-out environment is essential.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft products will be required together with knowledge of the IAuditor app or similar. Training in bespoke IT systems will be provided.
* Membership or IOSH or IIRSM with a current, up to date CPD.
About the benefits and rewards:
The company offers excellent opportunities and offers a basic salary in the region of £60,000 to £70,000.
In addition to the basic salary, there will be benefits including car allowance, pension, health, and travel allowance. As well as long-term career prospects and progression