A rapidly growing family-owned business, experts in the field of industrial ventilation are seeking an experienced Project Manager based in Hitchin. Our client works with many leading UK manufacturing companies providing air quality solutions including dust and fume extraction, odour control, central vacuum and climate control systems.
As a Project Manager your tasks will vary based on the point in which the project is at, however the main objective will always be to deliver the project on time, on budget and to the brief agreed with the client. You will be entrusted with the responsibility to ensure projects are not only achieved within those overarching objectives but are managed and delivered with a premium level of service as well as smoothly and efficiently for both the benefit of the client and the business itself.
Key duties and responsibilities..
* To successfully deliver projects on time, on budget and on brief.
* Ensuring the service level expected both by the client and the company is delivered at all times.
* To enable the business to grow through delivery of projects in such a manner it helps secure further opportunities.
* Surveying the job on site after order, qualifying the need and quantity of materials to be ordered
* Liaise with sales team on the design for the job, take on design responsibility from sales team.
* Instructing purchase orders to the Project Assistant (PA)
* Instructing risk and method statements in conjunction with the PA and any other health and safety documentation required by the client.
* Instructing / communications of invoicing and variations to the PA
* Diary management for subcontractors and day to day management of up to 2-3 pairs.
* Attend upon completion of job to assist in commissioning and handover to the client in most circumstances.
* Ensure O&Ms are assembled at end of job.
* Review processes, procedures and documentation, updating when required.
* Attend weekly projects meeting and report on current status of projects.
* Provide support to Aftersales, assist booking of commissioning, service and testing.
* Any other tasks required to ensure the project is completed on time and budget
* Proven progressive experience in a project management role, working on projects in excess of £1M
* Evidence of knowledge in either Engineering, Mechanical or Controls.
* Experience working in a construction environment as a minimum with a CSCS or SKILLcard ideal but not essential.
* Working knowledge of CAD with a minimum of the ability to interpret the drawings.
* Evidence of experience working on multiple projects simultaneously that require adaption of skillset.
* Exceptional commercial awareness
* Excellent IT Skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Excellent time management and multitasking skills
* Great numerical and analytical skills
* An ability to explain complex information in a clear straight forward manner
* Project Management related qualification ideal but not essential