To assist the project manager in ensuring deadlines are met, quality maintained and in a cost-effective manner. Ensuring all materials and equipment are available on site and maintained as per company policy.
Ensure gangs/crews are following company procedure in relation to HSEQ through delivery of toolbox talks, site audits, quality audits and relevant health & safety requirements.
* Complete pre-site survey & site risk assessments prior to works to ensure plan feasible and feedback to Project Manager if changes/uplifts/DFEs required
* Understand permit requirements and provide the information of the permits required to Project Manager in a timely manner to protect project deliverables
* Liaise with client/end user/public in advance of works where necessary to ensure awareness of works to be undertaken in advance of works taking place
* Review plans and ensure all documentation is available as required such as utility stats, clear engineering drawings etc
* Manage the day to day undertakings on site, ensuring you have the right people in the right place at the right time with the right equipment/PPE and appropriate documentation including competency qualifications, escalating to the Project Manager any issues that compromise delivery
* Record all deviations from plan where the deviation is outside the standard specification irrespective of whether there is a cost implication
* Ensure feedback is provided in a timely manner to both project manager and/or client for deferral from estimate (DFE), ensure the correct process is undertaken to ensure the DFE is approved and included in the application for client payment where required
* Ensure quality is maintained to minimise FPNs/defects, where FPNs/defects raised liaise with key stakeholders to challenge or rectify in a timely manner
* Set clear expectation of work to be undertaken by gangs/crews including highway/client’s quality standards are met and company policies/procedures adhered to
* Order materials and plant as required in time to meet key project dates
* Perform toolbox talks, site audits and CMS checks in a timely, consistent and routine manner
* Routinely review on site risk assessments and take appropriate action to mitigate risks identified, escalating to the Project Manager where risks are unmitigated
* Comply with Geosight process to ensure correct pictures are taken on site at the appropriate time, ensuring all gangs/crews are compliant with the Geosight process
* Collect information as required for processing of gang/crew wages, overtime, holiday, sickness, medical information by required deadlines
* Provide measures/drawings of works completed to allow processing of gangs/crews wages, noticing/permits and applications for client payment
* Conduct self in a manner that presents a positive image of the company and establishes good relationships with local authority, client, public and other key stakeholders
* Make sure all staff and contractors comply with company Health & Safety standards including site risk assessments Geosite and use all appropriate PPE and control risk with compliance and site safety rules including HSG47.
* Coaching of resources in the spirit of continuous improvement around, communication, updates, photographic and documentary evidence from site
* Conduct weekly checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates and submit to office
* Ensure sites are clear to prevent any fines or penalties for over runs
* Undertake role in a manner that is compliant with company policy and procedures
-Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment -Able to manage own workload and deal with conflicting priorities -Good people management skills, likes to interact with people -Able to give and take instruction, constructive feedback and maintain respect -Able to deal with conflict in a calm and controlled manner -Self-motivated and able to work autonomously -Proactive approach to resolving problems, wants to be part of a team, wants to succeed as a team -Good IT skills, competent with the use of internet, email and Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)