We have an incredible opportunity for a Team Leader to join our well-known client, who proudly holds over 40 years of experience and development within the life science industry.
This is a great opportunity for a Licensed Animal Technician looking to take the next step in their career or an Experienced Team Leader looking to change into a friendly, professional and highly rewarding facility.
You will lead a team of up to six people within a designated Animal Facility, coaching, mentoring and developing your staff ensuing that they are on track to achieve their potential. A portion of your workload will also include recruitment, selection and induction procedures.
* Lead and manage a team of up to 6 people
* Support the recruitment for the facility
* Be able to plan and allocate the work in conjunction with other Team Leaders, ensuring efficient use of resources
* You will ensure working standards are in full compliance with Good Laboratory Practice, The Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 and AAALAC guidelines
* You will also champion the 3R’s
* Investigate root causes of incidents and report findings and recommendations to the Animal Facility Manager
* Oversee the studies within your allocated area, communicating with any stakeholders as necessary
* You will drive continuous improvement within the allocated facility, promote and maintain quality
* It is essential that you have possession of an existing Home Office personal licence or have held a personal licence within the past 5 years
* Act as NACWO
* To deputise for the AFM in their absence
Our client offers first-class training to support you in your career development whether you already have experience or whether this is your first professional role. They highly value their staff and have a full range of company benefits as you would expect